Zoey has finally left the building! (Whos Zoey? Check out our past posts here and here to find out!) The little snuggly dachshund has gone back to the care of her pet parents, and Id be lying if I said I didnt miss her. 

Zoey, or Zo-Zo as I like to call her, taught me a lot about my dog rearing style and trait preferences. Her constant need for cuddles showed me that I am not a touchy-feely dog owner, but her petite size taught me I loved having a portable pooch. The fact that she had a lot of energy and wasnt completely trained reminded me how challenging puppyhood can be. 



Zoey wasnt even that naughty! However, compared to Nailah, she was a little scamp. Her antics really made me think long and hard about bringing another puppy into my life. Its easy to forget how hectic those first few years can be, especially when youve had a 6 year respite. 


Having the little rapscallion around also reminded me of how much fun it can be to raise a new dog. During the short time she was with us I managed to curb a few habits I didnt like. It was so rewarding to see her pick up on these corrections and adjust (mostly!) to my demands. 


Shes a very food motivated dog so Im sure her mom and dad arent going to have any trouble molding her into a perfectly behaved adult. From what Ive seen shes got the makings of a great dog (shes already pretty awesome!) and she can only get better if the effort is put in. Ill be happy to hear about her progress from my friends and hopefully Ill get to pet sit her again in the future. It was great to see Nailah have a playmate again, and I know she benefited from Zoeys stay as much as I did. 


Bandanna Sisters for Life!




"

Categories:

Leave a Reply